Showing newest 5 of 94 posts from May 2009. Show older posts
Showing newest 5 of 94 posts from May 2009. Show older posts

Wishful Thinking Or Tomorrow's Headline?

Posted by Jeffrey K Radt ("JRed") | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009

22


Good Advice For Those Anticipating The Rapture

Posted by Jeffrey K Radt ("JRed") | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009

8

I just came across this moments ago and it is sound Scriptural advice for those of us waiting for the Rapture to occur (even those who don't believe it is imminent or close to happening any time soon):

Christian Apostasy: The Importance Of Faith

Christian Apostasy: Remember Lot's Wife!


MARANATHA!

Gematria Value Of Pentecost

Posted by Jeffrey K Radt ("JRed") | Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009

3

I just received this email from Steve Coerper:

I just got a forward that originated with Tom Gaston. He points out that the phrase in Galatians 4:2 "the time appointed" (Greek is "προθεσμία") has a gematria value of 784. In Hebrew, the gematria value of "Pentecost" (Shin = 300 Beth = 2 Vav = 6 Ayin = 70 Vav = 6 Tau = 400 ) is also 784. I don't know if this is posted on the web anywhere, or if Tom even has a website. At this late date, I don't suppose it really matters, though.

See you shortly!

Pentecost Rapture And Date-Setting

Posted by Jeffrey K Radt ("JRed") | Posted in , , , , , , , , | Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009

23

This path the Holy Spirit put me on began around the start of the New Year independent of me even knowing that anyone else was onto the same track and line of thinking. While it began around January 2009 I wrote THIS ARTICLE about my unexplained suspicions that somehow Daniel 9:27 might be connected to Shavuot/Pentecost.

My studies led me to conclude that this coming Shavuot/Pentecost was going to be prophetically significant somehow. As you will see from that article, what I learned about the Jewish festival Shavuot made my head spin! The most notable (and there are many!) was the connection between the Israelites falling asleep and oversleeping at Mount Sinai when God visits and the account given in Matthew 25 in the Parable of the Ten Virgins. It was at that time (a few months after my studies in that area began) when I started to associate this date with the Rapture. So, yes, I'm a date-setting fool!

All kidding aside, while I wasn't going to write and publish another piece to the site after yesterday's Pentecost Rapture column I decided I need to put this up ASAP in response to many of you who have some legitimate (and important) questions and concerns.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and for sharing your thoughts. This may be a lengthy response, but it's important and necessary (especially if I believe we're here on borrowed time that could amount to only hours as opposed to days or week) so here goes.


WHAT DO I BELIEVE ABOUT THE RAPTURE?


Why am I a Pre-Tribulation believer? Because even though I can see that all the major views on the subject of the Rapture HAVE SOME MERIT TO THEM, for me, the Pre-Trib position has the most merit.

Why? Perhaps these links to all the previous commentaries I wrote over the course of the past 9 months about the Rapture will provide you with insight and additional background regarding the evolution (funny choice of words on a Christian website, huh?) of my thinking on this subject:

The Rapture
Rethinking The Rapture (PART 1)
Rethinking The Rapture (PART 2)
Rethinking The Rapture (PART 3)
Rethinking The Rapture (UPDATE)
"They All Slumbered And Slept..."
FLASHBACK: "They All Slumbered And Slept..."
I'm Still Watching For The Rapture
The Rapture (UPDATE) (*One of my personal favorites!)
Coming Soon...The Rapture
The Day Of The Lord
Daily Bread - Luke 21:36
Tim McHyde: The Rapture
All In A Day's Work
Escape With Me
Will You Do What Jesus Says?
A Narrow Minded Focus
The Harsh Reality
Rapture Cult
Faith Despite Being On The Brink
Promise And Warning
The Parable Of The Virgins
Date With Destiny? (*The one that tried to tie it all together)
Web Bot Project Predicts Rapture? (Satan's attempt to discredit?)
A Note To My Beloved Readers
Listening, But Still Unmoved
The Satanic Verses
The Watchman's Role

My favorite verse though is:

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet." 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

After reading what another had to say about the possible interpretation of this "last trump" within the context of a Pentecost Rapture scenario, this verse holds an even greater place in my heart today.

Revelation 19:10 says, "The essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus." Prophecy is all about Christ. We are told to "watch and pray" for the Lord’s return. Jesus chastised the Pharisees for not knowing the signs of the times in His day. So, He wants to us know the signs today at this present time, for they instill in us hope for the future and encourage us to evangelize the lost while there is still time.


WHAT ABOUT THE "RISKS" INVOLVED WITH MAKING SUCH CLAIMS?


Obviously, when we students of prophecy seek to understand the timing of future events given to us through prophecy there's always the risk of people losing their faith.

Wait, let me rephrase that. Perhaps it's not so much a case of people "losing their faith" as it is about people "losing their hope" let alone the desire and will to keep watching despite Jesus' admonition to us to do so.

So, if Shavuot/Pentecost comes and goes and nothing happens -- no Rapture -- I'm sure some will become discouraged. I'm also sure that some people like me (who are pointing to that date as a definite possibility) will lose credibility from that point on. That's ok. It's not ever about me. It's ALWAYS about Him. This is not a popularity contest, but an exercise in trying to uncover the truth of a matter.

On the surface, it's been traditionally thought that there are some "risks" involved with targeting a specific time frame (the infamous "date-setting" label) whenever a Christian has ANYTHING to say about prophecy and especially the Rapture. I get that, but I contend that this is PRECISELY how Satan has neutralized the Body of Christ in these desperate and urgent times! He's made us care more about what others think than what about God thinks of us. Who cares what people think? I mean, they probably already think you're nuts for believing in that "Bible prophecy doom-and-gloom" stuff, and that you're a "Jesus Freak", so what's the harm in telling them why you believe the Rapture is near?

You know, I used to worry a lot about that. I used to think that way, but I no longer do and I'm at a point where I no longer see it as a stumbling block or a problem one way or another to point to specific dates and time frames for a possible Rapture event to occur.

I could see if I was claiming to be a prophet who was speaking for God because then ok, sure, I better be right damn confident I'm right or I'll suffer the consequences. Specifically, I better be right 100% of the time or else! However, I'M NOT A PROPHET. No, I'M NOT SPEAKING FOR GOD either. I'm just a child of God who loves Him so much and who is anticipating His triumphant return so what is wrong with me making a case as to why I believe the Rapture could happen during a particular time period especially if I'm using hard Biblical evidence that points to that specific date/time frame for His possible return? I mean, after all, He chastised the Pharisees for not watching, and He instructs us to watch and pray for it, so what's the problem?

Why do I no longer worry about the "risks" involved by a "non-event" and how it might affect unbelievers or those weak in their faith? Well, while it's true that we all want the lost and unsaved souls to make a decision for Jesus Christ before it's too late, we need to remember that that work is way above our pay grade! All we can do is plant the seeds of truth. God determines whether or not those seeds of faith will take root and eventually grow into a passionate faith.

Passion. That's a key word I think for this discussion too.

If I can leave an unbeliever with nothing else it would be for them to see my passion for my God and my faith because if they can see that my passion is unwavering (no matter what happens by the end of this month), then perhaps they will question how I could be so passionate about something and someone I can't see. Simply put, I pray that my passion will lead them to ask questions and to consider things they never thought of before, and maybe that's where God comes into the picture to take hold of them and to draw them to Him.

Who knows, but I do know that if the unbelievers can't already see that the end is near through the multitude of signs all around us that have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RAPTURE (many of which I've reported on regularly here for months) then this type of discussion is hardly going to be the one that convinces them one way or another because their mind is already made up. Think about it for a moment. Forget the Rapture. I could go on and on about how the Bible predicted thousands of years ago the rise of a one-world government and political system complete with a one-world economy, and yet, when I try to tie that back to real-world events by pointing them to the imminent fulfillment of that prophecy as evidenced by the movement of the world's leaders to create such a system they don't want to see any of it, and instead choose to ignore it. I could point to how the Bible predicted thousands of years ago the fact that there would be wars and rumors of wards everywhere, but when I try to connect that to real-world events like Israel-Iran, India-Pakistan, Russia-Georgia, U.S.-Iraq no one wants to see any of it, and instead they choose to ignore it. This list could go on and on I'm afraid.

Trying to explain or defend the Rapture to the world of the lost is fruitless. There is just no way they can come to understand or believe this doctrine, unless and until they repent, ask for -- and accept -- God’s grace gift offer of salvation through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross at Calvary nearly two millennia ago. We know this from
1 Corinthians 2:11-14.

We can go through the vast body of Scriptural text, laying out the Bible facts as we are confident God’s Word presents truth about the Rapture. Yet, unless and until one is capable of spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit, a person, no matter how intellectually brilliant, can never come to believe those facts. They might even come to understand the facts in a purely cerebral sense, but never truly comprehend them to the point of knowing that the Rapture is a cataclysmic event in the future of one particular generation of earth’s inhabitants.

If May 31st comes along and the Rapture happens like the previous article suggests, then will those who are non-Christians suddenly "see the light" and become Christians, or will they harden their stance and react in fierce anger towards a God they never knew, wondering "How could He do this to me and to us and put us through this Hell on Earth!?!" especially if there are also many so-called Christians left behind who feel the same way and are fostering that type of sentiment? I wonder sometimes.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 7:22-23

I mentioned the word "passion" before. Is there a better way to demonstrate your passion for Jesus Christ's return than to expect it and look for it DAILY? Maybe that's who this message is really for -- us Christians (even those of us who are "weak in the faith") who are fervently watching, waiting, and praying for Him to return just as we're instructed to. In a sense, it's a means to encourage each other within the Body of Christ just like we're instructed to.

When the Rapture happens, I'm willing to bet that with the current state of the world being the way that it is, that would probably still mean that millions would still continue being a non-Christian by thumbing their nose at God and refusing to repent even if they were left behind. That goes for the a large number of those so-called Christians who are left behind as well.

So, if May 31st comes and goes and nothing happens, what is my crime? Seeking the Lord's return? Aren't we commanded by Jesus Himself to "watch and pray" for the His return? Again, Jesus chastised the Pharisees for not knowing the signs of the times in His day, and He wants us to know the signs of His return today.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Christians trying to study His Word to figure out such things. And there's the point I think. This is a spiritual movement within the Body of Christ for true believers. Otherwise, people could sin like the devil Monday-Saturday and merely "get right with God" just before the Rapture happened if they knew exactly when it was going to happen. Those who love God and love His Holy Word will be the ones interested in this debate. Those who don't could care less. Isn't that what the Rapture's all about anyway? It divides humanity between the true believers and the non-believers, right? Thus, this entire discussion seems to fall directly in line with the very purpose of that event. Amen!

I also contend that this is PRECISELY the type of study that those who are already Christians can and should be having. It's not something that the lost would understand or be open to anyway so, if that's the case, where's the harm in the Body of Christ searching for such things and discussing their findings in an intelligent manner and in a forum of fellowship like this?

The common bond we share is our belief in and faith in Jesus Christ and these types of conversations are never going to change that so what's the harm?


TIMING OF THE RAPTURE: HOW CAN WE REALLY KNOW?


Yes, you're all right about what the Bible says to us through
Matthew 24:36. However, I'm afraid that many of us who merely cite this one verse as "proof" that we shouldn't even have this discussion are guilty of "Copy-And-Paste-Christianity", and what I mean by that is that we've succumbed to modern-day "Churchianity's" version of knowing God's Word.

In other words, we can take a verse here and there, but it's normally out of context or without reading the important verses that come before it and after it, which might also give us some additional insight. More on this in a moment.

However, it also says that if we want to have real understanding of any Bible subject, we must "study to show [ourselves] approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly diving the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). It comes no other way.

I think the evidence as presented in the Pentecost Rapture article CLEARLY makes the case that this Shavuot/Pentecost is prophetically significant to us by using A TON OF BIBLICAL EVIDENCE.

Rather than being able to know just the "season" of the Rapture, I now believe that we can also know the timing of the Rapture -- IN A SENSE so to speak. Please keep reading so you know what I mean by that exactly.

Of course, there are several common criticisms and objections to all of this. Again, the most notable is is when people point to Matthew 24:36 that reads, "But of that DAY AND HOUR knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Let me explain my view on this using the Bible to support my position. First, we can't just stop there and cite that as the sole and defining verse on this importance subject, or let it determine whether or not Christians should even be discussing the Rapture because if we continue reading just a few verses down to complete Jesus's comments then a new view emerges.

It seems that Jesus Himself gave us the last clue we need a long time ago. It's so plain in Matthew 24, I don't know why I didn't get it before this. I knew it was in Scripture, but I looked everywhere but the right place -- in plain view. I should've known that in plain view was the best place to hide something.

What threw me off was Matthew 24:36, where Jesus said, "But of that DAY AND HOUR knoweth no man." Of course, right? At first glance, it appears to be an open and shut case. Ah! But that's how the Subtle Serpent has succeeded in getting us all to stop watching for Jesus' return with great anticipation and excitement like He instructed us to -- by getting us to believe this "lie" (and by "lie" I mean that these one verse is out of context much like the often cited "all things work together for good" that people quote without the VERY IMPORTANT QUALIFIER "to those who love God" found in Romans 8:28).

Anyway, after so many people reminded me of that so many times, I skimmed over what followed it. Look what he said in verse 42: "Watch therefore: for ye know not what HOUR your Lord doth come." HE LEFT OUT THE DAY!!!

In case we missed it, He even repeated it in verse 44, He said, "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an HOUR as ye think not the Son of man cometh." HE LEFT OUT THE DAY AGAIN!!!

Thus, we cannot know BOTH the day AND the hour, but we should be able to know the POSSIBLE DAY from the SIGNS OF THE SEASON. All that is unknown then is the HOUR.

Why even mention the hour? If we can’t know the day like some argue, then why even mention the hour? I think Christ mentioned it because if we are wise, watchful, and ready, WE CAN KNOW both the day, and the hour of His coming.

I believe we all know why God did things this way instead of coming right out and telling us EXACTLY both the day and the hour. Think of the Wise and Foolish Virgins from Matthew 25.

The Wise Virgins are NOT in the dark as to the DAY, just the HOUR! The Foolish Virgins don't know the day OR the hour. Jesus put the day in plain view for our sake!

There's more evidence to support this view in Mark. The Porter doesn't know the HOUR, but he knows the DAY! Mark 13:33-37 says, "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time (kairos, set time, due time) is. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. WATCH YE THEREFORE: FOR YE KNOW NOT WHEN THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE COMETH, AT EVEN, OR AT MIDNIGHT, OR AT THE COCKCROWING, OR IN THE MORNING: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch."

At even, midnight, cockcrowing, or morning is describing the HOUR! The Porter already knows the DAY and so can we!

Proverbs 25:2 says, "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter..." We need to remember this very important verse too.

Also, according to the Watch For The Lord!, "So the day of the Lord, the coming Rapture, comes as a thief in the night to those in the darkness. But to those in the light it does not come as a thief in the night, it comes in the day, so they can see it coming. It does not come upon them as the day comes upon thieves, because they do not operate under the cover of darkness, they have nothing to hide. So those who walk in the light plainly see this day coming."

One final important note. This is the only feast (Shavuot/Pentecost) that God didn’t provide a specific day! It was a floating day, meaning you didn’t know the day it would fall on until the year it happened. You first had to know when Passover was, then Firstfruits. You didn’t even know when months began until you saw the signs in the sky.

I hope it's beginning to make sense now ALL THE REMARKABLE REASONS why I believe that the Rapture could very likely happen this weekend.


"FIRST FRUITS" VS. "THE ELECT"


There's more AMAZING INFORMATION for us to consider.

Leviticus 26:2-4 says, "Ye shall keep my SABBATHS, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I WILL GIVE YOU RAIN IN DUE SEASON, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees (i.e., nations?) of the field (i.e., world?) shall yield their FRUIT."

We are called a kind of firstfruits. James 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be A KIND OF FIRSTFRUITS of his creatures."

Luke 21:36 says, "But be alert at all times, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man." Here, we have a passage in Luke that tells us to pray "to escape all these things that are going to take place" AND "be counted worthy".

The things that are going to take place must be the disastrous and terrifying events of the Tribulation, which as stated above, the Philadelphia Church in Revelation 3:10 is told it will be spared from, correct?

If you're taking notes, Luke 21:36 and Revelation 3:10 appear to state the same thing -- that AT LEAST SOME BELIEVERS will be counted worthy to escape "these things that are going to take place" (Luke 21:36) and be spared from the "hour of trial" (Revelation 3:10).

Then in Matthew 24:22 we find, "For at that time there will be great tribulation, the kind that hasn't taken place from the beginning of the world until now and never will again! Unless those days were limited, no one would survive. But those days will be limited because of the elect."

In this passage in Matthew, we see that there are a group of believers (the "elect") who obviously have to go through the time of Tribulation. In fact, people who believe that the Rapture does not occur until AFTER the Tribulation (Post-Tribbers), cite this verse above as evidence.

However, a few verses down in Matthew, it reads:

"As the DAYS OF NOAH were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, UNTIL THE DAY NOAH BOARDED THE ARK. They didn't know until the flood came and swept them all away. So this is the way the coming of the Son of Man will be: Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and one left. Therefore be alert, since you don't know what HOUR your Lord is coming."

What is described above, "the days of Noah", does not sound at all like a time of Tribulation. For all we know, it could be talking about today or tomorrow! Here we are told specifically that people (referred to as "first fruits" elsewhere in the Bible) will be taken from the Earth before sudden destruction hits, which can only mean Pre-Tribulation.

I am fully persuaded that the Rapture will be fulfilled EXACTLY as it has been set out in the Scripture, with a date, with a disappointment, and with a delay. For without a date, there is no appointed time, and without an appointed time, there can be no delay.

As Watch For The Lord! brilliantly summarized, "Christ commanded us to watch. If Christ commanded it, why is the church at large so adamant that we cannot know, therefore we should not watch? Remember that Christ wept when they did not know who He was when He rode into Jerusalem. The day He rode into Jerusalem was foretold 483 years in advance! Here in Rev 3 we see Christ is giving a condemnation, saying that if you don’t watch, I will come upon as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. This logically means that if you do watch, I won’t come upon you as a thief, and you will know what hour I will come upon you. Remember, the book of Revelation is written after Christ ascends and now has all authority in heaven."

That ministry also makes mention of Hebrews 10:25 and says: "If we are to watch for the day, should it not be possible to see that day approaching? Yes, and this is what Paul says in Hebrews above. As you see the Day approaching, encourage one another and meet together more often! Obviously if we can see the day approaching, it cannot be a surprise. Many people would insist that this day is a surprise, but as the writer of Hebrews wrote, we can see the day approaching."


I WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS BY MAY 31ST


Let's remember what Grant Jeffrey once wrote:

"Many sincere students of prophecy have previously calculated dates for the fulfilling of these events, only to see the dates come and go, disproving their calculations. The result, of course, is that the world and most Christians tend to ridicule or ignore all prophecy completely. However, this attitude in unjustified. What other area of study, biblical or otherwise, is abandoned because earlier efforts failed to arrive at a complete understanding of the subject? If scholars had abandoned the study of such sciences as geology or physics simply because earlier theories proved to be inaccurate, there would be few scientists and little scientific knowledge today. We learn from the failures as well as the successes of early biblical scholars. We must avoid being dogmatic in setting dates so that we can have an open mind to interpret the data carefully and purposefully. Time alone will reveal whether or not we have correctly understood a specific prophecy. Jesus rebuked the spiritual leaders of Israel for not recognizing the signs of the Messiah's coming, which had been extensively prophesied in the Old Testament. In light of the tremendous number of prophecies regarding 'this generation' and Christ's command to 'Watch,' we should prudently inquire into what Scripture reveals about the timing of these important future events."
From
Armageddon: Appointment With Destiny, Pages 212-213

Amen! If we believe and understand what he wrote to be true then even if nothing happens by the end of the day on May 31st then we have just learned from one of those failures. It would seem there's been another discovery! God's Word is beyond amazing! Simply put, if that happens then the "non-event" had to come to pass! What the heck am I talking about? What if the words of Yahushua (Jesus) in Matthew 25 regarding the Wise/Foolish Virgins are not only a parable, but also a prophecy? Read
THIS for a detailed overview.

I wholeheartedly believe that every time a highly anticipated date comes and goes without anything happening it only serves to give us a better understanding of things (helps to refine our knowledge of the coming Rapture), and ultimately brings us that much closer to that very moment in time.

But when is He coming? Just the question -- "When?" -- causes some Christians to cringe, protest, or even scoff! As mentioned, they still quickly point out that Jesus said, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36 KJV). Some believers even go so far as to criticize other believers who are seeking God’s clues, either from the Scriptures or by personal revelation.

One note on that last point. Isn't it interesting that it was apparently by personal revelation -- not solely Scripture -- that many people knew the EXACT DAY of Elijah's rapture (2 Kings 2)!?! Are there types in the Old Testament? Do God’s principles repeat themselves today? Perhaps that's a question to examine another day. Then again, we may have just run out of time to debate such things.

What if all of this is accurate and spot on? What if the Rapture were to happen any time between now and May 31st? What's your initial reaction right now? What will you do with these last few, precious hours on earth before we are caught up with our Lord and Savior?

Like I said, there have been several people who have made claims to have known the timing of the Rapture and they were proven false so I recognize that I could be just another in a long line of well-meaning, but completely wrong Christians.

I also recognize the risk of damaging my witness and testimony for appearing as though I'm a "date-setter" only to have that day come and go like any other.

Even so, if I encourage just one person to look into these things for themselves and have the same enthisiasm and passion for Jesus' return then what's the harm in that?

We are commanded to watch and pray that we are worthy to escape what's to come. We're also told that very few Christians will make it. It's important to ask ourselves and God why that is.

Perhaps this gives us a glimpse into some of the reasons why - because we were unwilling to consider an alternative interpretation from the one we've grown so accustomed to.

I will admit that there's compelling evidence that the next few days could be truly historic. Lord, I sincerely hope so!

If it's not, I will continue to seek my Lord and Savior with all of my heart and soul.

Hope to see you in Heaven soon. I hope this helps clarify my line of thinking a bit.

Keep looking up! MARANATHA!!!

Your Brother In Christ,
Jeff (JRed)

(NOTE: Any WORDS IN BOLD or comments added to Bible verses was added by me)

***UPDATE 5/29/09 --
AP: A Tsunami? The Apocalypse? No, It's Just The Moon : It's only the moon, emergency officials in Puerto Rico are telling nervous islanders who have feared that recent extreme tides portend a tsunami or biblical catastrophe. Waters receded up to 50 feet (15 meters) this week during low tide on Puerto Rico's southern coast, sparking a flurry of calls to seismology and geological agencies from people worried about natural disasters or supernatural events. Tsunamis are sometimes preceded by a dramatic drop in sea level. "There are people who have said it's a biblical sign," said Pedro Calixto, who lives in the southern coastal town of Guayama. "There are others who don't dare go into the ocean because they believe it's a supernatural thing."***

***UPDATE 5/29/09 --
Honduras Earthquake Magnitude 7.1 : I thought I would post these 2 "environment" related news stories given the fact that we would need to see some pretty significant worldwide natural events to coincide with a Rapture event as mentioned in the article above (i.e. global earthquake). I just found the timing of these 2 stories -- in addition to the story about the Spelling Bee's winning word being "Laodicean" fascinating. Coincidences?***

RECOMMENDED READING:
Pentecost Rapture? Yes! Look Up!
The Restrainer And The Rapture
Don't Let Imminency Create Complacency
Watch For The Lord!
How Close Are We? Today Could Be The Day!

Pentecost Rapture? Yes! Look Up!

Posted by Jeffrey K Radt ("JRed") | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009

25

Everything that I've done here through this ministry since August 2008 has led to this. I wholeheartedly believe that now because this is the absolute most important column ever written and published on this website in the 9 months that I've been doing this and the 4 years that I've been writing to people about end times prophecy.

No, that's not over-hype or overstated. I believe deep down in my heart and soul that the prophesied Rapture of the Christian Church (the Bride of Christ/Body of Christ) is imminent as is the beginning of those final 7 years for mankind on Earth beginning with the Tribulation.

To borrow a phrase from Steve Coerper whom is the catalyst for today's entry: "If June 1st arrives and none of these things have happened, it is because I made unwarranted assumptions or otherwise erred in my study. The Bible is still true. You will never be any worse off for preparing for your inevitable meeting with God. And you could still be hit by a truck and die on June 2nd."

Truer words were never written, and so it with a heavy heart that I share this with you all today because I know that even despite the hard evidence below there will still be many well-meaning Christians (as well as many well-meaning, but lost and unsaved souls) who will read this and simply won't believe any of it. Worse, they'll believe it, but won't care enough to do anything about it (like getting themselves right with the Lord and sharing it with anyone and everyone who is within there sphere of influence).

That being said, I pray Lord that you give those reading this now the clarity of mind as well as the spiritual discernment and wisdom to receive the truth of this message and the courage to act upon it in such a way that is in accordance with your perfect will while they still can. Amen.

The verse displayed prominently on this website is
Luke 21:28.

Luke 21:28 --
"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

Friends, our "redemption draweth nigh" I think! Despite all the other signs in this world that are pointing to the fact that we're on the cusp of the start of the Tribulation we have what could very well be the final piece of the prophetic puzzle. If we only had this piece it would still be enough to cause any Christian with common sense to see the reality we're facing at the moment. Praise God! The study I'm going to reference in a minute seamlessly ties together EVERYTHING that we've looked at here in this forum since August 2008 -- EVERYTHING! That's not just a mere coincidence and we already know that "coincidences" don't exist in the Christian lifestyle.

Please pray for discernment and wisdom before reading this. Read it some place quiet where you can focus and where you will not be interrupted because it is that important. I know it's rather long (isn't every column that appears on this site? HA!), but if it's true like I believe it is, then the next few days or so will be VERY IMPORTANT to us within the Body of Christ who love Jesus Christ and are watching for His return daily.

That's why I'm not going to put any new columns up on the site at this time. This could very well be the bookend to this online ministry.

The conclusions by this author echo the conclusions I came to on my own a few months ago so we definitely seem to have another case of "in the mouth of two or three witnesses" here to confirm things (
2 Corinthians 13:1). The article also lines up with the timelines of many others I have been reading/researching over the past few years or so. David Lowe wrote a book about the 6th Seal Earthquake that accompanies/precedes the Resurrection/Rapture. David Flynn has written a book that coincides very closely with this article's timeline of events, as does the works of Daniel Matson, Mark Biltz, and a few others. Again, we could be witnessing a clear case of the spiritual law God told us about in 2 Corinthians 13:1.


COULD IT BE? COULD THIS REALLY BE IT? YES IT COULD! MARANATHA!!!


Could the Rapture really happen during Pentecost? Yes! I believe so! Then again, ANY DAY could be the day because time-after-time again we're commanded throughout the Bible to be watching and praying for His return -- TODAY.

Jack Kelley writes: "Pentecost comes in the early summer (May-June). This year it's May 31. It’s the only Holy Day between the 3 Spring Feasts (Passover, Unleavened Bread, and First Fruits) and the 3 in the fall (Rosh Hashanna, Yom Kippur, and Tabernacles). Its Hebrew name is Shavuot. Pentecost is a Greek word and translates '50 days' since it comes 50 days after the Feast of First Fruits, the day we should know as Resurrection Morning . The Feast of First Fruits is celebrated on the day following the first Sabbath after Passover and Pentecost on the day after the Sabbath seven weeks later, (Leviticus 23:15-16) giving rise to its nickname 'Feast of Weeks.' Since the Jewish Sabbath is Saturday, both these Holy days are Sundays."

Jewish synagogues love the story of Ruth. It is the most popular, especially on Pentecost. Often times there is a strong teaching that the Messiah will arrive on this date. The Rapture is pictured in the Book of Ruth. When Ruth was on the threshing floor and laid down at the feet of Boaz this represented the rapture. This whole scenario took place on Shavuot (Pentecost). When Ruth married Boaz one could make a pretty good case that she converted over to Judaism. Once again the dispensation of law started on Shavuot (Pentecost). Grace (Pentecost). Ruth lying at the feet of Boaz (Pentecost). Could it be that Law, Grace, and the Rapture/Resurrection will come together on Pentecost?

The significance of this religious holiday cannot be overstated when discussing the hotly debated topic known as the Rapture.

Let's take a close look at the blessed piece that has everyone -- including myself -- very excited. This is the commentary written by Steve Coerper back in January 2009 that has been updated many times since with facts that make his case even stronger. In fact, he's now so confident that he's added a clock that's counting down at the top of his main page!

I'm including it here in its entirety because it's that important. Seriously, take some time to sit down and give this the proper devotion it deserves because you might not get another chance to. What really sold it for me aside from the fact that all his conclusions are rooted firmly in God's Word as found in the Holy Bible is the fact that the Holy Spirit led me to the SAME CONCLUSIONS (no, not to the same level of depth and detail as Mr. Coerper here, but in the sense that I knew for certain that Shavuot/Pentecost would be a prophetically significant time period) independent of him months ago.

Up until seeing this, I had thought that I (and Brother D from Christian Apostasy) were the only two "Christian crackpots" thinking this way. Now I know that God is intimately involved in this. There's just no other way to explain it.



The Final Fulfillment of Pentecost
By Steve Coerper


(An Apology - sort of: I wrote this article in January of 2009 as a "brief" exegesis of Peter's sermon on Pentecost, intending to explain -- briefly -- why the upcoming Pentecost seemed to me to be the most likely time for the Rapture. Since then, there has been a significant amount of supporting material published on the web, and I have linked some of it from relevant points in the article. In addition, I have expanded some areas for clarification and completeness.

To adequately review this article and the linked information now requires significantly more time. This is regrettable, but it's unavoidable. So especially for you folks at work who are idly surfing, doing Google searches, or have received this link through email: PLEASE -- take the link home and set an hour aside to read this article and follow the embedded links. Be ready to meet the Lord; it's more important than the hockey game or "Dancing With The Stars." For all visitors, thank you for stopping. Please give this topic the attention it deserves, and please send me an email from the link at the end. Finally, don't overlook "More Good Stuff" at the end. I sincerely hope to meet all of you next week.)

I'm a
date-setter. In fact, I'm probably an incurable date-setter. I'm intrigued by both the tantalizing hints and the explicit descriptions sprinkled through the Bible concerning events that haven't yet occurred.

I've seen the explanations that prophetic events are "symbolic" or "allegorical" or that they have already been fulfilled in some sense, and no further fulfillment is necessary. I don't buy it. I believe that every prophesied event will take place, and when they do, there will be NO DOUBT as to its fulfillment. Jesus did not ride into Jerusalem allegorically, or on a symbolic donkey. And until there is a deep valley throughout the Mount of Olives (see Zechariah 14:4), I will remain a futurist.

I don't believe the Lord's intent is to simply give us tomorrow's news today. Rather, I think it's His intention that we see, through fulfilled and unfolding prophecy, that He is in control, that His message to us is authentic, and that His word is true and fully reliable. I also think He wants us to be able to discern the signs of the times and to be ready for the future as it unfolds.

When Jesus came 2000 years ago, He fulfilled prophecies precisely. He presented Himself as the Messiah on the exact day indicated in the book of Daniel; 483 years to the day from the time of the decree to restore and build Jerusalem. As happened at Jesus' first coming, Nisan 14 this year will begin on a Wednesday evening (
Jesus was crucified on Thursday). The following day (Friday) is the Feast of Unleavened Bread and is a "high sabbath." The following day is the weekly sabbath, followed by the first day of the following week, which is the Feast of First Fruits. This year is a "year of perfect order." I believe this is significant.

I began with a few premises:

> that the seven Feasts of the Lord are prophetic and relate directly to the First and Second comings of our Lord Jesus Christ,

> that they were given their particular and specific days as indications of their actual fulfillment;

> that the Feasts have been and will be fulfilled in sequence and on their specific, appointed days,

> that Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits were literally fulfilled on the exact day when Jesus came the first time, and

> that Pentecost will be fulfilled on two days, beginning and ending the "Church Age."

"Splitting" a prophecy into two fulfillments is not unscriptural, or even unusual. One vivid example is by the Lord Himself, as recorded in the Gospel of Luke:

"The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD." Then He closed the book ... - Luke 4:18-20

Jesus stopped mid-sentence in a prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-2, leaving out "and the day of vengeance of our God." The "acceptable year of the Lord" was at hand. Though the "day of vengeance" is part of the same prophecy, it was not being fulfilled at that time. I have concluded that a similar situation confronts us in the prophecy of Joel cited by Peter on the morning of the first Pentecost:

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.

I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome Day of the LORD. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.' " - Acts 2:14-21; Joel 2:28-32

Peter explains the activity that will fulfill the day of Pentecost. The first half occurred about 1977 years ago: the outpouring of God's Spirit, prophesy, visions and dreams, for the young and old, for men and women. Fulfillments were documented in the Book of Acts, beginning at the "first" Pentecost.

However, Peter also spoke of other things associated with the feast that would happen: wonders in heaven, signs in the earth, blood, fire, smoke, and darkness of sun and moon. (Note: Pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries has done extensive research on the solar and lunar "signs.") These did not occur on the day Peter spoke. They are connected to an appeal by the Jews to the Lord for deliverance, and that appeal has yet to be made. This led me to conclude that Pentecost is only half-fulfilled!



What follows is an examination of this unfulfilled promise: that the "blindness of Israel" will end and the Jews will recognize and embrace Jesus Christ as Messiah. I believe that when this happens, the "second half" of
Pentecost will have occurred and the "Church Age" will be closed. Paul wrote concerning this to the Christians in Rome:

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

"The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins." - Romans 11:25-27

Paul is referring to a prophecy in Isaiah:

According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies; the coastlands He will fully repay. So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.

"The Redeemer will come to Zion, and to those who turn from transgression in Jacob," says the LORD. "As for Me," says the LORD, "this is My covenant with them: My Spirit Who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the LORD, "from this time and forevermore." - Isaiah 59:18-21

This brings in a lot of additional information about "that day." We do not simply see a national spiritual awakening in Israel; we see judgment and recompense. We see an enemy moving "like a flood" against Israel, the Israelites returning to the Lord in faith and repentance, and the Lord delivering His people.

Let's take another look at Joel's prophecy:

Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the LORD is coming, for it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness. Like the morning clouds spread over the mountains, a people come, great and strong, the like of whom has never been; nor will there ever be any such after them, even for many successive generations. A fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the Garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness. Surely nothing shall escape them. Their appearance is like the appearance of horses; and like swift steeds, so they run. They leap over mountaintops with a noise like chariots; like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble, like a strong people set in battle array. Before them the people writhe in pain; all faces are drained of color. - Joel 2:1-6

This is a description of an invading army swarming over the land like a cloud, and the people of the land are terrified! Not surprisingly, this passage dovetails perfectly with Ezekiel's description of the same event. Joel is speaking to the people being invaded, but the Lord tells Ezekiel to speak to the invaders:

"Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords...

After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you." "You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land.
It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes." - Ezekiel 38:2-4,8,9, 16

Joel gives the people direction on an appropriate course of action:

Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, call a
sacred assembly; Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children and nursing babes. Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber and the bride from her dressing room. Let the priests who minister to the LORD weep between the porch and the altar. Let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, and do not give Your heritage to reproach, that the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where is their God?' " - Joel 2:15-17

A huge enemy army is sweeping through the land, and the nation of Israel seems to be entirely at their mercy. The slaughter has already begun (two-thirds of the people in the land will be killed) and Joel is basically saying, "All hands on deck!" He prescribes the actions of last resort. Zechariah tells us what will happen next:

And it shall come to pass in all the land," Says the LORD, "That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, but one-third shall be left in it. I will bring the one-third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; and each one will say, 'The LORD is my God.' "
- Zechariah 13:8-9

Facing the very real possibility of complete annihilation, they finally listen to the testimony of those Messianic Jews among them who point to the scriptures and to the Lord Jesus Christ as their only hope of deliverance. Jesus, of course, told them a long time ago that this day would come:

See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!'
- Luke 13:35

Jesus was quoting from Psalm 118:26, which is clearly consistent with the distress the Jews will face:

All nations surrounded me, but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They surrounded me, Yes, they surrounded me; but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They surrounded me like bees; They were quenched like a fire of thorns; For in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. You pushed me violently, that I might fall, But the LORD helped me.
- Psalm 118:10-13

And then the Lord will respond, as He said He would. The Jews will have acknowledged their offense:

"I will return again to My place until they acknowledge their offense. Then they will seek My face; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me." [Then they will say] "Come, and let us return to the LORD; For He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; On the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight."
- Hosea 5:15-6:2

The "two days" (see 2 Peter 3:8) spoken of by Hosea have transpired. They began when the Jews rejected their Messiah. We read of the culminating rejection in John 19:15 but Jesus' whole life was one of rejection, as prophesied by Isaiah (Isaiah 53:2-3).

And, as we see, the Lord delivers the remnant He has chosen, while simultaneously visiting severe judgment on His enemies:

And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the remnant whom the LORD calls. - Joel 2:32

You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken," says the Lord GOD. "And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in security in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the LORD. So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel. Surely it is coming, and it shall be done," says the Lord GOD. "This is the day of which I have spoken." - Ezekiel 39:5-8

___________________________________________________________________


What I Believe The Next Five Months Will Look Like

1. The incoming U.S. administration will distance itself from Israel, while our foreign policy will continue to aggravate virtually every country in the Middle East. Any protection the U.S. enjoyed from Genesis 12:3 will be lost and the culture in America will accelerate its slide into the abyss of immorality.

2. Global tensions will continue to increase as economies crumble, trust evaporates,
diseases threaten, and food and water shortages become a daily reality for many.

3. The Gog alliance (consisting primarily of
Russia, Iran and Turkey) will move into Israel from the north.

4. The U.S. will be unwilling or unable to prevent this aggression.

5. This invading army will move through the land, virtually destroying everything and everybody in its path. Two-thirds of the people in the land will die. This does not necessarily mean 2/3 of the Jews. There are false "Jews" so-called -- a synagogue of Satan referred to in Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 -- as well as other non-Jewish people who may be included within the number of casualties.

6. In true repentance borne of desperation, the remaining Jews will cry out to the Lord Jesus Christ.

7. On or before Sunday, May 31st, the Lord will remove the Church and Daniel's 70th week will begin. The Lord will crush the Russian alliance, while also raining severe destruction on many other countries. The U.S. will be virtually destroyed.

8. As the world recovers from these catastrophic judgments, a false messiah will arise. He will, among other things, sign an agreement with Israel.

At (or shortly after) the time of the rapture, the Lord will intensify His judgment on America -- the "coastlands" -- leaving a testimony of "blood, fire, and vapor of smoke." I expect severe devastation in North America, not only from enemy weapons, but also from "natural" (i.e. divinely-inflicted) disasters. As the Word says (Isaiah 59:18), we will be fully repaid according to our deeds. America has been over-ripe for judgment. Billy Graham, Chuck Missler, Andrew Strom, and many others have pointed out that the U.S. is now the chief exporter of everything that God abhors.

Some have suggested that the "land of unwalled villages" is another reference to America:

'Thus says the Lord GOD: "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: You will say, 'I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates' - Ezekiel 38:10-11

This would certainly make sense. Without doubt, we are "a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land." (verse 12) Would it really be surprising for Russia to attack the U.S. in conjunction with an attack against Israel?

The word for "unwalled villages" ("peraza") is used in two other places in scripture, and neither of those places appears to be in the land of Israel. One (
Esther 9:19) is clearly in the Persian empire, and the second use (Zechariah 2:4) compares Jerusalem to "towns without walls" without specifying where those towns might be.

When this article was originally published, I asserted that those who are translated in the rapture so that they would not see death would not take their physical bodies with them. However, at the encouragement of some fellow believers who have probably studied this more than I have, I revisited that conclusion. Paul states in the well-known and often-referenced "rapture passage" 1 Corinthians 15:50ff - "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption." However, this does not force the conclusion I presented: that their physical bodies would be left behind. Christ, our Firstfruits, did not leave His body in the grave. He did, however, leave the graveclothes. If Enoch and Elijah are Old Testament precursors, it should be noted that they left nothing (except that Elijah deliberately left his mantle). So the fanciful movies and books that talk about Christians suddenly vanishing may be true to scripture. The kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies; our physical bodies may be similarly "dissolved." I suppose we will just have to wait and see. Fortunately, the wait won't be much longer.

The world economy is, by design, in a
collapse. I believe that in the time immediately following the "inauguration" of "Barack Obama" (not his real name), we will see more signs of collapse, including power outages, business bankruptcies and closings, bank failures, food shortages and the like. These will be orchestrated by the New World Order folks in order to make us more amenable to their "solution" to the problem.

___________________________________________________________________



How Soon Is "Soon"?

Early in the morning of November 23, 1998,
Bill Wiese had an out-of-body experience -- what he says was a vision -- in which the Lord took him to Hell. The Lord told Bill, "Tell them I am coming very, very soon."

The question, of course, is "how soon is 'soon'?" Can the time of the fulfillment be determined?

I believe it can be. Jesus could have said, "Tell them I will return on ....." (some specific date) but He did not. Still, I believe He wants those of us who are diligent to be able to discern what He was saying.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
- Proverbs 25:2

I searched for the word "soon" in conjunction with any time element. Did the Lord or any inspired writer ever indicate that something would occur "soon" and then say how much time elapsed before the occurrance?

Yes, just one time. In the Psalms, Moses says our lives are cut off "soon" and the timespan is seventy years:

The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strength they are eighty years, yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. - Psalm 90:10

The exception to the rule is eighty years for those who have strength, but the standard is seventy. It would be illogical and not very useful for the Lord to warn us of an event that would not transpire until after we have died.

However, Jesus said "very, very soon." How much does "very" affect the standard time? I would suggest that it halves it, so "very soon" would be 35 years, and "very, very soon" would be half of that, or seventeen and a half years. Jesus repeated the warning, strongly suggesting that the time was fixed and that God will shortly bring it to pass:

And the dream was repeated to Pharaoh twice because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass. - Genesis 41:32

Seventeen and a half years from late November of 1998 brings us to late May of 2016.

Next, who is "them"? This is of interest, because Jesus comes for His bride before the 70th week of Daniel, but comes to establish His Kingdom and set up the Throne of David at the end of the 70th week. If Jesus is speaking primarily to his Bride, He would be saying He is coming for her in 2016.

But this cannot be the case, because His word to the Bride is simply "be ready." He is NOT telling her specifically when He is coming ... though if she is wise, she can probably figure it out.

The message is to the unbelieving world and to the slumbering believers. For this reason, the "coming" in view is at the end of Daniel's 70th week.

"Seventy weeks are determined for your people and for your holy city:
• to finish the transgression,
• to make an end of sins,
• to make reconciliation for iniquity,
• to bring in everlasting righteousness,
• to seal up vision and prophecy, and
• to anoint the Most Holy."
- Daniel 9:24

Some contend that the 70 weeks are contiguous; that the 69th week ended 483 years after Artaxerxes' command to restore Jerusalem (when Jesus presented Himself as the Messiah by fulfilling Zechariah 9:9) and the 70th week was completed immediately thereafter. However, the text itself argues against this possibility. In Daniel 9:26 we see that the Messiah would be "cut off" (that is, executed) after the 69 weeks. It does NOT say He would be executed during the 70th week, nor does it include the death of the Messiah in Daniel 9:24. I think it is clear that the six items listed in 9:24 have not yet been accomplished.

Whether or not the church would go through the tribulation period has been a debated question for a long time, but I think it's a misleading question. The real question is: will the church be on the earth during Daniel's 70th week? And I believe the answer to that question is "no." In Revelation chapter 7 we see the Lord sealing 144,000 Jews, and these are the only ones sealed. No Gentiles or Christians are in view. In Revelation 9:4 we see a scourge unleashed upon the earth that torments all those who are not sealed. One can only conclude that the Christians are removed before the Jews are sealed.

How far before is not clear from the passage. One might surmise that the Christians are all martyred, and are seen "under the altar" at the opening of the fifth seal. This, of course, would remove the rapture event from the entire end-time scenario. Much more likely, and much more consistent with the whole panorama of end-time events, is the removal of the Church before the 70th week.

The Jewish focus of the book of Revelation has been well noted. However, the 70 weeks are also focussed on Israel. Daniel was speaking, praying, and confessing his sin and the sin of his people Israel when Gabriel arrived and gave him understanding. Gabriel stated that "Seventy weeks are determined for your people and for your holy city." This is an unmistakable reference to the people of Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

If the re-establishment of Israel is a sign of the end times, as many have concluded, and if "this generation" in Matthew 24:36 began in May of 1948, then the seventy-year generation would end in May of 2018. This is also obviously consistent with Jesus' parousia in May of 2016. There is no requirement that the coming occur at the last possible moment, and in fact Jesus said the days of wrath would be shortened (see Matthew 24:22) for the sake of the elect. Some flesh must be preserved in order to populate the Millennial Kingdom, and the descriptions of the judgments falling on the world leave no doubt that these will be very difficult days.

In Revelation 12:7-9 something particularly horrifying happens: Satan and his followers are cast out of heaven and onto the earth. This means that these creatures no longer abide in the spiritual realm, and they must either obtain embodiment on earth or be cast into torment (Matthew 8:29).

Satan will choose embodiment, of course, and he already has his body picked out: the one whom we call "The Antichrist." In the middle of the 70th week the Antichrist will be fully possessed by Satan, who will then break the confirmed covenant (Daniel 9:27) by sitting in the temple of God and attempting to make himself the object of all worship. This is the Abomination of Desolation (Matthew 24:15).

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless
the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate."
- Daniel 9:27

If this happens in the middle of the 70th week, and the week starts at the end of May, 2009, we are looking at Satan cast out, obtaining embodiment and presenting himself to all surviving men in late November or December of 2012. Is it mere coincidence that other sources are also pointing at December of 2012 as a time of singularly unusual activity?

__________________________________________________________________


Return of the Nephilim?

Much has been written concerning those fallen angels who chose human wives and created a
hybrid race:

The sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. - Genesis 6:2,4

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day. - Jude 1:6

If this is going on today -- and many scholars believe this is EXACTLY what is happening under the guise of UFOs and "alien abductions" -- then the culture is being primed to accept these hybrids as benevolent inter-galactic visitors. This is a major part of the "great deception" that will soon overwhelm the world.

Of immediate interest to us is the question of when these "fallen ones" will come out of hiding and visibly begin advancing their agenda. Clearly, they will be FORCED to do so at the time they are driven out of the spiritual realm. Knowing that this is inevitable, and possibly knowing when this will take place, they are already signalling their manifestation. The time they are presenting is
December 21, 2012. This is 3 1/2 years after the proposed fulfillment of the battle of Ezekiel 38, and 3 1/2 years before the time of the coming that we determined from Bill Wiese's vision and Mark Biltz's research:

1. Late May, 2009 - Beginning of Russian invasion of the land of Israel. (Note: This item originally said "early or mid May" but it now appears that the Russians will have "
war games" in late May to position themselves for the invasion. "President" Obama will be in Egypt on June 4th and will be safe in Germany on June 6th when America is attacked. Other political leaders also have travel plans.)

2. May 31st at the latest - Rapture of the Church. "As it was in the days of Noah," there will be a seven-day lull before the beginning of the war and God's subsequent judgment of Russia and the "coastlands." (See
An Urgent Message by David Wilkerson.)

3. June - July, 2009 - A leader emerges and structures a world-wide peace treaty. The pact will provide for the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem. By this time, America will be a smoldering ruin. Since the American "Babylon" (New York City) will have been destroyed, a replacement will be built on the plains of Shinar.
Ancient Babylon will be restored.

4. December, 2012 - Satan and fallen angels are driven from the spiritual realm. Demonic possession of men and animals will be common.

5. September 23, 2015 - Yom Kippur; likely fulfillment of Zechariah 14:4 (
video)

6. May, 2016 - Conclusion of Daniel's 70th week.

____________________________________________________________________


What To Do - How To Prepare

1. First, this is NOT a time to panic. We have known for 2000 years that Jesus was going to return, set up His kingdom, and judge the earth.

2.
Get your spiritual house in order. REPENT. This means align your life with the law of God. Where you have sinned, you must acknowledge your sin, confess it to God, and make restitution where-ever possible and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

3. OBEY - Every person who was saved in the Church Age repented, confessed, was baptized, and submitted to the Lordship of Christ in ALL of life. If you are not living in newness of life, it's because you are not reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. Do yourself (and your loved ones!) a favor: turn off the TV, take out the trash (foul books, music, videos, etc.) and get your heart right before God. DO NOT PUT THIS OFF. Don't trifle with God, His law, or His offer of salvation. He WILL preserve you if your belief is evidenced by obedience, hatred of sin, holy living, and love of the brethren.

4. Don't be deceived. Study your Bible. The time is getting really short. Jesus commanded us to
watch! This means 1) knowing the prophetic signs in the scriptures, and 2) knowing what's going on in the world.

5. Pray for those you know who are still lost. No one can come to faith in Christ unless the Father draws him (John 6:44). IF you are saved, you have a privilege and an advantage that most people don't share: access to God's Throne of Grace. Use it!

6. If June 1st arrives and none of these things have happened, it is because I made unwarranted assumptions or otherwise erred in my study. The Bible is still true. You will never be any worse off for preparing for your inevitable meeting with God. And you could still be hit by a truck on June 2nd.



ADDITIONAL COMMENTS FROM THE BODY OF CHRIST


It's amazing to me how the Body of Christ will come together as one mind on a subject, and yet we'll be able to still find so many individuals adding so many incredible gems of wisdom to the discussion.

Case in point, here's a snapshot of some of the comments from Christians like you and me who added their take to this idea (thanks to reader Susan C. for the head's up on this):

"If God poured out his Holy Spirit on this day, could He also take it back on the same day?"
Anonymous

"A year ago I wrote a Bible study entitled 'So Simple!' In that study I emphasized how the Lord had shown me that only two of the Jewish Holy Days given to Israel in Leviticus 23 typify the resurrection and rapture of New Testament believers. Those two Jewish Holy Days are 'firstfruits' and Pentecost. Proof of this truth is easily available to any reader willing to deal honestly with the Scriptures. It was only on 'firstfruits' that a 'sheaf' [omer] of barley was lifted up and 'waved' before the Lord, which subsequent history proved was a type of the resurrection and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ and the 'firstfruit' saints [Leviticus 23:9-14; Matthew 27:52-53; 1 Corinthians 15:20-23]. The only other Jewish Holy Day where a 'wave offering' was 'waved before the Lord' was on Pentecost. The instructions given for the observance of this Jewish Holy Day are found in Leviticus 23:15-21. But now we living today are well into a new year. The Jewish Holy Day of 'firstfruits', which was this past Sunday, has now come and gone. It is now obvious that the Lord did not come on 'firstfruits' this year. Therefore, if the resurrection and rapture of New Testament believers is going to occur this year on or in connection with one of these two Jewish Holy Days, then I have to believe that it will be 'Pentecost.'"
Pastor F. M. Riley / May 6, 2009

"Jews celebrate Pentecost (I’ll just use its Greek name to avoid any more confusion than necessary) as the day Moses received the Law on Mt. Sinai in the wilderness and the nation Israel was born. (Exodus 19-20) Christians celebrate it as the day the Holy Spirit fell on the Disciples inJerusalem and the Church was born (Acts 2). If you agree with my view that the parables of Matthew 13 describe the church on Earth and that the parable of the yeast predicts there will be sin in the church, you’ll be interested in the fact that unlike all the other Jewish Feasts that call for unleavened bread, Pentecost requires bread baked with yeast (Lev. 23:17). Pentecost also began the annual wheat harvest, perhaps pointing to another of Matthew’s Kingdom parables, the Wheat and the Tares. The Pentecost ceremonies reveal a subtle link to the coming church." Anonymous

"In synagogues, the Book of Ruth is read on Pentecost. The story of Ruth has been called 'The Romance of Redemption'. The identification of the Church with Pentecost began in the prophecies of Ruth." Anonymous

"Neither we, nor the unbelieving world, will have received any advance warning of the timing for this event; it will have come totally by surprise. Maybe it will happen on Pentecost, maybe not. But one thing is certain, when it does happen, none us will care one whit whether we had predicted it’s timing accurately. We will only express in unimaginable joy our gratitude for being there. For it is by grace you have been saved through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9) As it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him – but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit. (1 Corinthians 2:9-10). You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah." Jack Kelley / Pentecost And The Rapture Of The Church

"I used to believe that Rosh Hoshana was the day of the Rapture, but I no longer believe that. Pentecost, as I explained in a previous letter (https://www.fivedoves.com/letters/june2008/rickh66.htm,) has not been fulfilled yet. If the Rapture were the fulfillment of Rosh Hoshana, then that would leave Pentecost unfulfilled. Pentecost has to be fulfilled by the Rapture. There is no other event that could fulfill it.The reason I believe 2009 will be the year, if 2008 isn't, is the fact that something major is going to happen on December 21, 2012. If the Rapture happens this year, in June, then Dec. 21, 2012 will be about 4 1/2 years from now. That would put Dec. 21, 2012 a whole year into the second half of the Tribulation. This is possible, but whatever happens on this day would have to be just a routine event of the second half of the Tribulation. By that I mean it would be just one of the many judgements of God that happened on that day during the second half. However, if the Rapture happenes on Pentecost 2009 (June,) then Dec. 21, 2012 is 'exactly' 3 1/2 years later. What I'm getting at is this: perhaps the major event that is to happen on Dec. 21, 2012 is Satan being cast down to Earth, indwelling the Antichrist, and proclaiming himself to be God in the Temple. This seems to be a very likely event for what's to happen on Dec. 21, 2012. No other Tibulation event or historical event is as major as this one.. Things are going to change drastically after this event happens. The Mayans astronomical calendar ends on this date. During the second half of the Tribulation, astronomical events will not be normal and routine any longer. And all this happens immediately after the Beast enters the Temple and proclaims himself to be God.....on Dec. 21, 2012. This is, of course, speculation. But it is educated speculation."
Rick Hedrick / June 19, 2008

"Please also make special note of the fact that this year is the 62nd week (62nd Feasts of Weeks or Shavuot) from the date of the original covenant, as theorized below. If true, this would corroborate the Daniel's Timeline theory! See Daniel 9:24-27 and UN Resolution 181."
Look Up Fellowship Reader

"If our readers will carefully study Psalm 109, which correlates with 2009, it is obvious that the entire Psalm is speaking about the arrival of the Antichrist on the world scene, and his dealings with Israel and with the Lord. I want to emphasize to our readers that there is no contradiction between 2:3 and 2:8. The Antichrist is first revealed to God’s people, who have been given spiritual discernment [1 Corinthians 2:12-16], before the Tribulation begins. He is then revealed to the whole world during the Tribulation after the 'Restrainer' has been 'taken out of the way,' 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8. This isn’t hard to understand if more of God’s people would get serious about studying the Scriptures." Pastor F. M. Riley / May 6, 2009

"Two Rams horns were given to Abraham when God provided this animal after his obedience with Isaac. There is only one heavenly trumpet mentioned in the Old Testament and that was sounded during the law probably with the left horn of the Ram on Shavuot (Pentecost). When the Apostle Paul spoke of the 'Last Trump in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 he may have been referring to the second Ram's horn (the right horn) to call His children home at the Rapture. Remember if this is true, the left horn was blown on Shavuot (Pentecost). Will the right horn be blown on the Rapture? This is just a thought. I am certainly not dogmatic on this issue. If this is true notice the two Ram's horns and the two different Pentecost time frames might come together. What I am trying to say is, if the left horn was blown on Pentecost then it would stand to reason that the right horn will also be blown on Pentecost. Will this event be the Rapture?"
Bob D. / Twenty Little Known Facts About Pentecost



"In view of what I have set forth in this study, is it then just 'coincidence' that in John 4 the Lord met the Gentile woman at Jacob’s well precisely on Pentecost? Since Pentecost is not mentioned in that chapter, how do we know it was Pentecost? We know this to be so because in 'a year of perfect order' it is exactly 'four months' from Pentecost to Rosh HaShanah. Now look at the statement of the Lord Jesus in John 4:35: Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! Did I mention that 2009 is 'a year of perfect order'? For those of our readers who are not familiar with this term, 'year of perfect order,' it means that every day on the Jewish calendar in a given year falls on exactly the same day that it fell on during the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is then more than 'coincidence' that it is exactly four months to the day from Pentecost to Rosh HaShanah this year. Count the days for yourself, and as the Lord said, 'be not faithless, but believing,' John 20:27. Is it possible that the Lord’s meeting with the Gentile woman on Pentecost at Jacob’s well typifies the transition of the 'gospel' from the Gentile 'church' back into the hands of the Jewish people during the coming Tribulation period? Is that possible? I don’t know! I’m just studying the Scriptures and seeking to learn, like othertrue believers should also be doing." Pastor F. M. Riley / May 6, 2009

"There are 7 feast days and Pentecost is the 4th. Jesus Christ is always represented by the 4th candlestick. The middle gives light and understanding to the first 3 and the last 3. At the Rapture of the Church we will have understanding. It is a time when we will see the Light of the world who is Jesus Christ face-to-face! There are 3 Jewish festivals, but Pentecost is right in the middle. This speaks of division. People may not want to hear this, but the Rapture is division. The saved in Jesus Christ will go up and the unsaved will be left behind. In both cases, Pentecost is right in the middle (the feasts and the festivals)." Anonymous

"According to the Talmud, David was born and died on Shavuot/Pentecost! If this is true God, was making a statement? I cannot be sure of this, but David seemed to be a type of the Church. David was in Ruth's bloodline, right? If we went from Ruth to David we are in essence starting and ending with Pentecost." Anonymous

So, there you have it. What do you think? As with all things, go to the Lord in prayer and see what He reveals to you. Me? I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at all the next few nights!

Let me leave you all with one more thing to please keep in mind about me and this ministry. No, I'm not a prophet. I certainly do not speak for God. This ministry is all about bringing all the glory and honor to Him by encouraging people to seek His face and study His Word regularly. I am not and have never claimed to be "infallible" either. I'm just another child of God and servant of the Lord who seriously studies the Word seeking to learn the truth. Until my critics can find "infallibility" in themselves, then I would suggest that they quit demanding it of others. Romans 2:1 is still in the Bible! But so is Titus 2:11-15, and I am going to keep right on searching the Scriptures and "watching" for my Lord without apology to anyone just as Jesus Christ Himself instructed us to.

Finding connections and signs where none lie? Or a warning in advance? Either way, I pray that you make a decision for Jesus Christ if you haven't already because these are chaotic times, and time won't wait for you to finally make up your mind. Even if this doesn't materialize you could still die tomorrow, and any unresolved issues (like where you will spend eternity when you die) will be moot at that point.

Do you desire a personal relationship with the One who created you and desires to have an intimate relationship with you? You need to know that if you haven't been saved and born again then you're not here reading this by accident. God has been trying to get your attention for so long, and He desperately wants you to finally answer His call and reach out to Him before it's too late! This may even be your final warning. Are you willing to take that chance if you leave here without accepting Him and His free offer once and for all? If you know this to be true and want to respond once and for all, tell Him in your own words or use this simple prayer:

"Father God, I know I need You because I am a sinner, but also know that I can never get to You on my own. There's nothing I can do on my own to make up for my sins; nothing I could do on my own to earn favor and forgiveness from You or to secure my place in Heaven when I die. The only thing I can do is to make a conscious decision that You sent Your one and only Son Jesus Christ, and that He came to this world for me. He took my sins upon Himself, was crucified in my place, died for me, and was resurrected so that I may live forever. I accept Him and His sacrifice, and desperately want to receive Your Son Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. When He conquered death for my sake He gave me access to You. Thank You for Your grace and Your mercy. Thank You for forgiving me and for sending the Holy Spirit to transform my life from this moment forward. I pray that You transform my life from this day forward and give me a heart and a mind that desires to not only get to know You, but to be with You as much as possible. Teach me how to live, and teach me how to share this message with others before it's too late for them. Please count me worthy to escape the things to come. Amen."

If you're already a saved Christian, but you haven't repented for your sins or sought the Lord for His mercy, forgiveness, salvation, or prayed that you are counted worthy to escape the things to come as we're instructed to, if you haven't done all these things in awhile, then please say the following prayer right now:

"Dear Lord, I pray that you will not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions. Please think of me according to Your mercy and for Your goodness' sake, O Lord. Lord I turn from all of those sins that I committed and I ask for Your help in washing the memory and thoughts of that sin completely from my mind. Please restore me to faithful obedience to Your Word, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit anew, so that I may keep Your commands all the days of my life. Lord Jesus, I invite you into my heart anew today, and I ask forgiveness for all of my sin. Jesus, thank you for dying for my sins and for forgiving me of them through your shed blood for me on the cross. Please take away all the sinful 'old things' in my heart that defile me, and replace them with the 'good things' that you desire to grow in to my life. Please wash away all the sinful crud and tendencies toward evil and replace them with a hunger and thirst for your righteousness. I need your help, Lord God, in living this new life in Christ. Please send your Holy Spirit afresh into my life to help me, heal me, lead me and transform me. I also pray that your shed blood washes over me, protects me, and that I am counted worthy to escape the things that are coming upon this world in the form of your righteous judgment. Lastly, I pray that you have mercy on this nation even though we deserve your fierce judgment for our blatant sins that are before you. Help us to see the error in our ways as individuals and as a nation, and lead us to repentance before it's too late for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."

Congratulations! You've just bought yourself the best Life Insurance policy there is! At the same time, please understand that you can't just make this decision and ignore the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ like you have up until this point. You still have to exercise faith on a moment-to-moment basis and walk with the Lord daily as you allow Him to work in your life to change you and mold you according to His perfect will of who He wants you to become.

Now, go and share this message with others because they may not be prepared for what's coming (or perhaps for where they're going to spend eternity).

Keep looking up! MARANATHA!!!

***UPDATE 5/29/09 : Kansas Girl Spells 'Laodicean' to Win National Spelling Bee : For those who still don't believe we're on the cusp of the beginning of the Tribulation I present to you Exhibit A. If Christians believe that NOTHING happens outside of God's sovereign and perfect will, then this story MUST have prophetic significance. How can it not? For those who are new to all of this, the Laodicean Church is one of the seven churches addressed by name in the Book of Revelation (Revelation 3:14-21). In John's vision, recorded in the Book of Revelation, Jesus Christ instructs John to write a message to seven named churches in Asia Minor. The message to Laodicea is one of judgement with a call to repentance. Bottom line, it's a message written to us Christians who are alive today! What are the odds of this? Personally, it's just another example of how God is using ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING within His marvelous creation to try and get our attention one last time before it's too late. Are we listening though?***

RECOMMENDED READING:
Discussion In A Popular Christian Forum About This
The Restrainer And The Rapture
Don't Let Imminency Create Complacency
Pentecost Revisited…Prophetic Picture Of The Rapture?

Happy Pentecost! The Meaning Of Pentecost
Watch For The Lord!